Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new day.....



It's been a few weeks....life has been a bit...hectic. Life does that sometimes.....
If you're anything like me, at times like that, it's hard to find bliss in your daily life.....unless you remember to look for it!

What I have learned is that bliss can always be found, if only in the smallest detail....I know when I operate from a place of gratitude, I find a lot to be grateful for....I recognize the abundance in my life rather than focusing on what I perceive to be lacking.

Therefore, on this 1st day of April, I will recommit to living from a place of gratitude.
I hope you'll join me!

I had a pretty amazing weekend...

I was reminded (once again) of how blessed I am to have such an incredible group of friends. My peeps ROCK!


I did a little retail therapy at RR #1...(www.rr1chicago.com...mentioned previously here)
and checked out a fabulous new grocery store, Mariano's (www.marianosfreshmarket.com).
Yes, I am a grocery shopping geek...I LOVE a good grocery store. Mariano's is everything you could ever want in a grocery store....amazing produce, prepared food, bakery, deli....fresh, fresh, fresh and reasonably priced...PLUS happy, helpful employees!


Later in the evening, I went to an AMAZING  3 hour yoga workshop at Moksha...this monthly workshop is taught by Amber Cook...Vinyasa, breath work, meditation, and live music...
I will definitely be going back to this one!
(http://mokshayoga.com/events2011/Amber_3hr_11.htm)

So, I will leave you with this quote....a favorite from Joseph Campbell:


“If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.” 
 Joseph Campbell


2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful, inspiring reminder! And it is so true. Wishing you much peace and bliss, dear Maria! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Maria, just wish I lived in Chicago so I could go to the spots you mention, especially that grocery store!

    Loved the quote you gave us. Lately I've been feeling like I'm "in the hallway" trying to figure out what my "bliss" is at this new time in my life. I know it will come...

    ReplyDelete