Thursday, February 16, 2012

Namaste......




I LOVE yoga!
It calms my mind, challenges my body, and soothes my spirit.
People who know me well can attest that I escape to my "yoga bubble" as often as possible....even when I can't make it onto my mat.

Therefore, I thought it fitting to start my Bliss Lists blog with some of my favorite yoga teachers and studios.

*Rich Logan is one of my favorite people on the planet! He is a phenomenal teacher and a kind soul. He's one of those people who makes you feel like you've known him forever, even if you've met only minutes before.
He has an extensive knowledge of the anatomical subtleties of the asanas and leads a really fun class! He teaches at YogaNow, Moksha, and Nature Yoga, here in Chicago.
Do yourself a favor and drop in on one of his classes....you won't be disappointed!

*CorePower Yoga studios are popping up all over Chicago! If you like a heated practice, but like a little more hands-on instruction than you find in a Bikram class, check out one of these studios. The teachers are great ( I have several favorites), the schedules are varied (classes start at 6 am!), and the facilities are clean!! PLUS you can get a free week of unlimited classes, if you are a new student. 

*Village Yoga, on Ashland, north of Chicago Ave. is a relatively new addition to Chicago's yoga scene. (www.villageyogachicago.com) The studio is intimate and the classes are fantastic... Alyson D'Souza rocks! If you're looking for a supportive, fun, and challenging class....this is the place! 
Plus, La Farine is right down the street, for a little post yoga snack.....another one of my favorites...but I'll save that for another day!

Hope you have enjoyed this post!
I would love to hear about some of YOUR favorites.

Until next time....
Namaste
xo



4 comments:

  1. Excellent! You forgot to mention the Cuban place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to taking another adventure with you my Maria, Love,R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria - Great! I really would like to take a few yoga classes one of these days. I definitely want to check out Village Yoga :) Hope all is well!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete