Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Peace & love......



As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the things I love about yoga is the spiritual aspect of the practice....sure, the physical component is fantastic, but what really speaks to my soul is the connection between my mind, body, and spirit. Over the years,  one thing has led me to the next and so on, as I've travelled along my spiritual path. My mind and my heart have opened up and invariably, when I have been ready, the teacher has appeared, in various forms.

I would like to share some of my favorites with you in tonight's post.

Several of my favorite authors include Dr Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, and Deepak Chopra.

*Several years ago, I had the privilege of attending a 3 day workshop in Chicago with Deepak Chopra and the late Dr. David Simon. It was incredible and, should you have the opportunity, I would strongly suggest attending one of the various workshops offered at the Chopra Center. In the meantime, there are many books by both of these incredible teachers. Some of my favorites include: The Book of Secrets  and Syncrodestiny (Chopra) and Free to Love, Free to Heal (Simon).

*I am a huge fan of Marianne Williamson and would recommend any book that she has written. I was fortunate enough to attend one of her weekly lectures last summer when I was in L.A.---run, don't walk to the Saban Theater if you're in Los Angeles on a Monday evening (Wilshire & Tower, east of La Cienega). If I had to choose one favorite book, it would probably be Return to Love....although Everyday Grace is pretty amazing too!

*Wayne Dyer was my initiation on this journey....his book, There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem, is one that I return to again and again. There are so many good books to choose from....take your pick...you won't be disappointed!

If you're interested in meditation, please check out http://BeginMeditating.com. Light Watkins is a Vedic meditation teacher, based in Venice, CA, who travels the country teaching this ancient form of meditation in a very accessible and enjoyable way. At this point, he visits Chicago and New York on a monthly basis. HIGHLY recommended! 20 minutes, twice a day...I promise, it will change your life!

If guided meditations are more your cup of tea, you might want to look into http://www.omharmonics.com. You can sign up for a free download to experience it for yourself.

FInally, the teachings of Abraham-Hicks have had a profound influence on me, particularly the last book, The Vortex. You can learn more at their website: www.abraham-hicks.com.

Start telling a better-feeling story about the things that are important to you. Do not write your story like a factual documentary, weighing all the pros and cons of your experience, but instead tell the uplifting, fanciful, magical story of the wonder of your own life and watch what happens.~~~Abraham-Hicks


What are some of your favorites?

Peace & love,
M
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment